Tuesday, February 6

London Lovecraft Festival - The Shadow Over Innsmouth


I have been getting a lot of adverts on my Facebook feed about a London Lovecraft Festival and being a big H.P. geek I had to have a look at it. It's a theatrical celebration of the great man's works and is running from the 6th to the 11th of February. Events include renditions of The Thing on the Doorstep, Pickman's Model, a gender switched Mountains of Madness, a Weird Tales inspired Improv and even a Lovecraftian crooner!!


I happen to have that whole week off of work but I have other plans already in place. I visited my brother and family at the start of the week. Then it's my girlfriend's birthday so I am taking her shopping one day, little pub gathering one evening and a romantic night in with a takeaway has to be done!! Then I have a gig to attend!! Then Sunday I will be recording my regular podcast show. I would've felt really bad if I missed it entirely so I have booked in for the very last show of the event on the Sunday night. 

The Shadow Over Insmouth is a bona fide Lovecraft classic, one of his most seminal works and I am very much looking forward to seeing it. This is how the event is described on the event page, it certainly sounds good for sure -

On a frankly tedious architectural tour of the coastline, Robert Olmstead happens across the ancient seaport of Innsmouth... 

What he discovers there will threaten his life, test his will and shatter his sanity. 

Featuring original music, puppetry and physical theatre, this darkly comic fast paced two hander brings a HP Lovecraft classic to the stage as you've never seen it before, and explores the complex and sometimes deadly relationship between man and fish.

I'll post up a review here in due course :)




***************************************************

Worship Cthulhu in style with





No comments:

My wants list

I just thought I'd put this online so I can check it on my phone if I ever need to. Also if anyone is looking to trade or anything. ...