Saturday, February 10

Panasonic HC-V380


I have just bought myself a new video camera!! My old one has been having a bit of trouble of late as the shutter doesn't seem to open up properly anymore and sometimes you can see it when I am filming something and that simply won't do eh?! It will likely cost more to repair than to replace and I have had it going on 10 years at least. So I was thinking about getting a new one but I'm not that good with technology really. 

I went into a Jessops when I was up in Leicester and enquired about cameras but it seems that the video camera is not so much in demand now as every still-shot type camera now tends to have very good video capturing modes and so they have almost made the video style of camera redundant. For what I want to use it for, mainly recording at gigs and making geeky blogs I much prefer the shape and size of the vidcam. The branch of Jessops I was in was not a large one and they had no video cameras in store whatsoever. 

Later in the week for my lady's birthday we were out shopping and I picked up a new camera in Curry's PC World. They only had a choice of 3 in stock so I went with the most expensive one hoping it'd have all the bells and whistles I need to do a good job :) That's a good scientific way of doing it I reckon!!

So I made a little video about it, check it out if you didn't already and check out my newest gig videos to see what you think of the picture and sound quality. I am quite happy with it actually. Now I might need to get myself a new camera bag and perhaps a new tripod too.


      

No comments:

My wants list

I just thought I'd put this online so I can check it on my phone if I ever need to. Also if anyone is looking to trade or anything. ...